Saturday, August 11, 2012

Critters, Olympics, Football

I watched all of the Jets/Bengals game last night.  The big cats made the Jets look like flies without wings; it was sad.  I did get a kick out of watching Tim Tebow during the opening kick-off, and I was very happy with some his his decisions to scramble and/or throw the ball away.  He seems to have grown a lot over the past year.  I'll have to keep my eyes on him.
   The cats are out playing in the back yard.  They both wanted love and attention before breakfast, but once they were satisfied in that area, they gobbled and then ran out.  Both have been back to my desk multiple times for more attention.  Cloudy and Shady were pretty stand-offish yesterday - this morning, however, they both wanted love and attention; then they wanted to go out.  Last night their irrigation ditch share night came around, and as the water runs until noon, the sprinklers all over the back yard are going strong.  Cloudy and Shady were pretty ticked that I wouldn't let them out this morning.  Cloudy actually growled at me.  (But, then, she and Shady have been highly put upon during the last few weeks.  The cat formerly known as Chiton and Mango, now named Mister Kitty, has been terrorizing these two.  He jumps on them, rips out tons of fur, and then urinates on them.  It must be extremely distressing.)  Rosie and Remy are doing fine - last night they found a raccoon in the back yard and I had to get them inside so the critter could swarm back up the ivy and over the fence.  You have have thought that Rosie was a true hound, by the way she was baying.  It was funny.
   The fencing and swimming elements of the Mens Modern Pentathlon have already taken place.  The equestrian jumping part is scheduled to begin in about 25 minutes...  It will be interesting to see all of the scoring  -   and to see how the women counterparts do tomorrow.  It seems strange that the 30th Summer Olympics will be over and done with tomorrow night.  I was able to view a lot more of the different sports, and I thoroughly enjoyed it...  But, it's almost September.  It's getting to be time for FOOTBALL!!!

No comments: