Thursday, August 9, 2012

Equestrian - Individual Jumping Finals

I was lucky to be able to see the last round of the Individual Jumping competition, as well as the Jump-off for the Silver and Bronze.  I had hoped that Nick Skelton would make a clear ride, so there would be a jump-off for the Gold, but his mount ticked the front, top rail of the final oxer - and Nick ended up out of the medals.  The Gold was won by Steve Guerdat - the first Swiss rider to win a gold medal in 88 years; Gerco Schroder, of the Netherlands, took the Silver, after  Cian O'Connor, of Ireland, took down a rail in the jump-off and was awarded the Bronze.  Rich Fellers finished 8th in the Individual for the US, and Ian Millar tied for 9th for Canada.  The Individual Dressage competition is underway on MSNBC this morning.
  Lovey is sitting on the corner of my desk, occasionally butting my chin with her head, while Nedi is out pestering the raven family in the back yard.  Rosie and Remy both slept with me last night, and I had some really strange dreams about my husband, Jeff, and I herding cattle in New York state - but it was through some steep and narrow pine-clad ravines, that seemed more like Washington state...  It was just weird.
   Tonight, I must admit that I won't be watching the Olympics, as I'll be watching Payton Manning quarterback the Broncos for at least one quarter against the Chicago Bears.  And if I can find coverage of the Jets game tomorrow evening, I'll be watching that as well, so I can see Tim Tebow (I hope).  I still think that the Broncos should have kept Tim Tebow, and allowed him to absorb the wisdom and game-reading skills of Manning - ah, what might have been!

No comments: