Monday, August 13, 2012

Slept In This Morning

Arrived home at midnight, kissed the kitties and fell into my bed.  The kits let me sleep for 8 whole hours.  Now I feel "draggy" because I was able to sleep that long - but it was great!  It was cool enough to turn off one of the fans, and the kits curled up on either side of me.  Pure heaven.  Lovey is now on the cat tree, and even though the raven family has chased Nedi inside multiple times this morning, he's back out there, taunting them. Besides spending time with Rosie and Remy and with Cloudy and Shady, I was able to renew my acquaintance with the 5-point buck who sleeps under Alexy's fir tree, and I was able to watch a lot of hummingbirds.  The high point for me was having a male goldfinch fly within inches of my face, and then alight on a lattice with a yard of me.  (I haven't seen a goldfinch up close and personal over the past five years...)
  I plan on lazing around the house today, and doing a little bit of a clean-up.  Other than that, I hope to just relax and spend time with my two furries.  I had a great time watching the end of the Olympics last night - and the passing of the torch and flag to Rio was refreshing.  Of course, being my age, I was thrilled to see the rockin' tributes to the bands and singers I grew up with - and I must admit I laughed hysterically at (with?) Eric Idle close to the finale.  London was a wonderful setting, and the people of Great Britain made this edition of the Olympics extremely pleasant.  I especially appreciated the streaming of events online, as one got to hear the local announcers introduce new-comers to the different sports and explain how they came about.
  Now, I just hope to win the $305 million lottery...

No comments: