Thursday, September 20, 2012

Dead Pump; Stuff

Lovey is stropping my chin and jaws (with her chin, back and tail) as I type this... so my thoughts might be a little disconnected.  I've walked Rosie and Remy, and Lucy, and have cared for Cloudy and Shady, and Sasquatch and Tugger.  I've had lunch, and am now awaiting the opening secenes of Rawhide.  The Snow family's water pump died in the middle of a shower this morning; Kathy had to rinse off soap and shampoo with 3 gallons of cold water from the garage.  I guess Jim was going to look at the pump and see if he could fix it later this morning...  I've offered them the use of water at Alexy's tonight, and at the Clark house tomorrow.  And, tomorrow night, I get to sleep back at home once again. 
   Bits and pieces today -  I'll be rooting for the Giants tonight, playing against the Panthers.  ....  Still haven't heard any further word on Potesta, the 3-year-old filly, who broke her leg last Friday.  One of the two-year-old colts, Spurious Precision, who won the Saratoga Special last month, was galloping this past Tuesday and his exercise rider felt the colt step wrong.  The colt fragmented his knee, and the cannon bone below, as well as the ends of the bones above the knee.  With the X-rays showing irreparable damage, the colt was put down.  .....  The dermatologist I saw yesterday said the spot on my face was probably the beginnings of another cherry angioma (one of those blasted red spots that pop up on me), and that I had "picked at it" and caused the problem.  He told me to just keep my hands off my face - "and no pickin'!"  But, if and when I have another bout with the shingles, I need to see him right away.

No comments: