Sunday, September 9, 2012

Football, Pets, the World

I had a football high yesterday - all of my teams won, with the exception of three: CU, CSU, and Mizzou.  Some of the games were mind-boggling, some were routs, and others were nail-biters - it was a good day, overall.  And I was able to have a long talk with Filiberto yesterday evening, which was very enjoyable.  We spoke of our love of nature, open spaces, and wildlife.  He was extremely charming, as always. I spent several hours trying to get both Shady and Cloudy inside for the night - I'd get one inside, but not the other; and when I finally caught the second one, the first would escape as I brought the second in.  I'm sure they both had great fun "laughing" at me.
   Back at my apartment for the moment...  Nedi is on the corner of my desk, snacking.  Lovey, after she ate, went running around the apartment, growling like she does when she's caught something she was hunting, and finally ran out the door and into the back yard.  She's a little wacky this morning.  Peach, the yellow lab I take care of, has been coughing for the past couple of weeks.  I found a tumor/growth the size of a baseball behind her elbow yesterday.  She sees the vet tomorrow to have it checked out.  I'll watch the Broncos game tonight with Cloudy and Shady...
   There is just so much going on in the world today - the earthquakes in China, the waterspout and tornadoes in New York City, the drenching rain from the remnants of Isaac, and the wildfires out here in the western US.  And then there's 8 more weeks of the Presidential race...  I already know who I'm voting for, without watching any debates between the candidates.  I am terribly tired of all the negative campaign ads.  Can we have a moratorium until 5 days before the election? Please?

No comments: