Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Happy Birthday, David McCallum!

I have been serenaded by crows since sunrise today - and I don't know why.  It started at Alexy's, then moved over to Sasquatch and Tugger's, then on to Kathy and Jim's, and now, at home.  Do I smell like carrion?  Or is Jeffrey following up on his threat to haunt me as a crow or raven?  I do have an appointment to see a dermatologist this afternoon, but I don't see the reason for a murder of crows to sing to me...
   The kits are running in and out - they've both gotten a good bit of love from me, plus being fed.  I stopped at the "other" grocery store this morning, and found they are selling the kit's favorite food for much less than Safeway.  I just might have to start walking a couple more blocks for the meat shreds in gravy the kids like...
   Last night I watched the season finale (from May) for NCIS, and even though I know that David McCallum is returning in his role as Dr. Donald Mallard (aka: Duckie), I was again anguished to see him topple over, onto his knees, and then his side in the incoming Florida tide.  Now I will be eagerly awaiting the renewal of my favorite CBS series next week - NCIS on Tuesday, and Person of Interest on Thursday.  - Oh, and, happy birthday, today, David McCallum!
   I feel badly for the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton Windsor.  It does seem as if the paparazzi are trying to do the same thing to her as they did with Princess Diana.  Why is there such an interest any one?  In this day and age, I like my privacy; and if I had to be in the public eye 24/7, I think I'd be a goner.  I am a normal person (kind of) - I have my likes and dislikes, my allergies, my illnesses; I cough and sneeze and belch and fart.  So does every human being on the earth...  Kate is a very nice-looking lady; she has a nice sense of style; she is married to Prince William, and one day may be the consort of the King of England.  But every single person needs, and deserves, "down time" - when one isn't on display.  Please, paparazzi of the world, let Kate (and the entire Royal family) be normal people some of the time.  Vacations are vacations - breaks from the real world.  Let Kate have a true vacation, please.

No comments: