Monday, September 3, 2012

Rain Over the Weekend!

We actually had rain fall and hit the ground on Saturday and Sunday - both times in the afternoon: early afternoon on Saturday, and around 4:30 yesterday.  We finished the month of August needing 6.5 inches of rain to bring us up to our "normal" rain level.  The weekend rains dropped a few heavy downpours and then quickly dissipated.  It's been breezy this morning, but we're told the high will be near 90 today and definitely 90+ tomorrow...  But, the forecasters say that on Friday our high temperature will only be 75.  That will be a relief.  Almost 70 days of 90+ is hot for Colorado.  I am still  enjoying the remembrance of yesterday's Presidential speech at CU - at least I stuck it out through the heat and the crowds and saw a sitting President speak.
   Skippy has been a big love, and has been positively glued to me since my arrival Saturday.  I hate to tell him that Finn will be returning this afternoon, with the owners.  Skippy has started to show his unhappiness with Finn by not using his litter box, and by using the parlor carpet (which is cream colored); he is not allowed in that part of the house any longer. But I had no problems with him at all.  I'm pretty sure he misses Pilot, the dog he grew up with.  And Finn, Pilot's "replacement", is a large guy who likes to pin Skippy down with one paw.  Skippy has not been happy with this at all.
    I leave here and return to Lovey and Nedi this afternoon.  They have already had breakfast and a quick run outside.  When I return, I'll open the patio doors for them again.  Usually though, both kits like to go out in the early morning, and then again at dusk - right now, we're all sleeping through the heat of the afternoon.  The only thing I have to do tomorrow is visit my psychiatrist -  I plan to read and vegetate and play with the kits at all other times tomorrow.
    I am currently reading Carolyn Haines' Bonefire of the Vanities, and having a blast giggling through the scenes with Jitty, Sarah Booth Delaney, and Tinkie - and Cece.  This book is a fantastic read - funny and mysterious at the same time.  I can't wait to get my own copy.  Believe me in this - if you like fun and adventurous mysteries, you need to read Carolyn's latest Sarah Booth Delaney book!

No comments: