Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Weekend

It's been an odd weekend - I feel disconnected from life at the moment. Maybe it's the fact that I haven't had any sugar in 2 full weeks. Maybe it's because my cousin has been told that " the PET scan did find a tumor in her lymph nodes "suggestive of metastatic malignance."" and I'm worried about Missy. Maybe it's because Lovey has oral surgery on Tuesday, and I'm worried about her. Maybe it's because I'm spending 11 hours at my house, and 11 hours at the Clark house, and 2 hours in transit in between them (and it goes on until Thursday afternoon). I don't know why....
   The Gators didn't play yesterday. I watched the South Carolina Gamecocks on TV, and they won. The CU Buffs game was at home, against UCLA, and they lost - 50-something to 14. The pre-game radio-cast for UCLA was broadcast live from the Millennium Harvest House, and was heard by everyone within 5 blocks, unless they were totally deaf. (Too bad they lost power for 30 minutes in the middle of the live broadcast...)
   The Jets just couldn't get anything going today - They let Tebow touch the ball three times, plus using him 3 times as a blocking back, and as a blocker when punting. Of course, the coach called the plays; the first time, a hand-off gained one yard; the second time, Tim threw a pass, which was (a) caught for a first down, but (b) the receiver dropped the ball when tackled, the ball bounced, and the 49ers grabbed it (I have no idea if that went down as an interception or a fumble); and the third time, Tebow handed it off for a 2-yard loss. Why they didn't let him try to quarterback the team during the last seven minutes, when the score was 34 -0, I don't know. Even the commentators were asking why not let Tim try his magic? But Ryan stayed with Sanchez, and only a very nice politic slide by the 49ers second-string quarterback kept the score from being even more....
   The Broncos pulled it off against the Raiders. It's the first time we've beaten them in the last 5 meetings, so it was nice. And RGIII managed to put together a last-minute drive, so Cundiff could kick a field goal, and the Redskins beat the Bucs 24 -22. I was rooting for both the Saints and the Packers, who played each other, with the Packers winning by 1 point.
   I enjoyed the season premiers of NCIS, Vegas, Person of Interest, and Blue Bloods. The two CSI's were OK, and I'm afraid that Elementary bored me. I'll have to see if there's anything worth watching on the other channels...
   I hope your October is good!

No comments: