Saturday, September 22, 2012

We Won, Won, Won!

I root for several college teams, as long as they aren't playing each other.  With Mizzou moving to the SEC, I had to make tough decisions today.  So, far, my three "chosen" teams have won - the Florida Gators beat the Kentucky Wildcats  (I watched that on Altitude Sports); South Carolina's Gamecocks defeated the Mizzou Tigers (on CBS - sorry, Mizzou, but I had to cheer for the Ol' Ball Coach); and, wonder of wonders, the CU Buffs beat Washington State by 1 whole point!  I now have the LSU - Auburn game on, and have been amazed by the tenacity of Auburn; it just became half-time, and Auburn leads 10 to 9...   who'd'a thunk it?
   We are continuing to have beautiful sunrises and sunsets, but it's due to the haze we still have from the wildfires.  The weather folks are calling for rain on Tuesday, so it might help to clear the air.  I did a double-take at Sasquatch and Tugger's today, but then realized the "knocking" I was hearing was that persistent red flicker again.  And I killed 12 yellow jackets this morning.  While i was watching the South Carolina game, I was eating baby carrots, and was suddenly buzzed by another yellow jacket.  The poor thing didn't live long after that.  I usually have a very definite "live and let live" policy toward everything - but since a yellow jacket sting can kill me, I have no compunction killing them first.
   Bits 'n' pieces -  The idiot man who jumped off the monorail at the Bronx zoo and into the tiger area did it on purpose: he wanted "to become one with the tiger."  Too bad the tiger didn't eat him and make his wish come true.  But, then again, he probably would have poisoned the tiger.  The tiger could easily have killed the man, but was happy to just play with him, even though the idiot is in serious condition.  This is the fault of the man, not the tiger!  ....  Paynter, the 3-year-old colt who finished second in the Belmont Stakes this year, has overcome his bout of laminitis, but is still fighting colitis (for the third month).   And, we lost a champion.  Deputed Testimony, who won the 1983 Preakness Stakes, died at the age of 32.  He had been the oldest surviving Triple Crown Classic winner.  ....  I have to figure out the new TV schedule - I know NCIS is on at 7 on Tuesdays, and Person of Interest will re-appear at 8 on Thursday; but several other shows that I like have been moved to different days and different times, so I need to do some investigating.  A couple of the new shows have looked interesting, from their preview teasers, but I'll have to watch a couple of episodes to see if they are worth my time.
   Pro football tomorrow, and I'll be revved up and ready to cheer on the Broncos against the Texans, the Jets against the Dolphins, and the Redskins against the Bengals.  I'll be rooting against the Bears, the Chargers, and the Patriots.
   Hope your weekend has been great so far, and that it's even better tomorrow!

No comments: