Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Cool Day...

Our high today was 51 degrees - and I thought my ears would freeze and fall off while I was walking the Rs this morning. The wind was still when I left the house this morning, so while I had a coat and gloves, I didn't have a scarf, hat, or ear warmers. I'll know better for tomorrow morning, when it's to be even cooler; and the weather gurus are saying there will be snow on the ground Saturday morning. I'll definitely be well-wrapped for Saturday and Sunday, when I'll be walking and feeding Peach, and staying with Finn and Skippy. The weather guys just said that it will be in the mid-20s Friday and Saturday night - better get out my wool socks!
   Lovey's face is still puffy, but the swelling has gone down considerably. Nedi is spending the evening outside, although he keeps running back in to get love and attention. I'll get him inside and close the door for the night between 8 and 8:30 tonight, before the temperature drops too much. Tugger and Sasquatch were very loving today; they really miss Kristin and Steve, who luckily, returned early this evening. I took Rosie out for a good 5-mile walk on Wednesday, as Remy was seeing the chiropractor during our usual walk time. Rosie and I walked over to Wonderland Lake, and around it; it was nice to really stretch our legs again.
   I must say that I am looking forward to Monday, when I don't have to get up for anyone or anything, except Nedi and Lovey. I plan on spending those next two weeks doing what I want, when I want, and paying no never-mind to the outside world. The only exception is Tuesday, Oct. 16, when I take Lovey back for a vet check for her gums and sinuses. I count that as a very necessary event, and something I'm very willing to do. I hope to read and research as I desire, and start back getting my brother-in-law's family tree fully on-line.
   I've got to go find my scarf and snow hat!

No comments: