Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Genealogy & Countries of the World

  Gee, the kits let me sleep in until 8:30 again! I'm amazed. I let them run in and out all day yesterday, and they spent quite a bit of time outside. Today, it's 15 degrees cooler, and Nedi is curled up in the afghan, while Lovey has opted for the Snooze Cube. I've been finishing work on a relatives family tree; once again, the person was told that a certain relative was a Native American, and it turns out they are not. I'm afraid I disappointed Patti. I was able to find photos of her great-grandmother's aunt, her great-grandmother's father, and one set of the person's grandparents, as well as all the dates and places information. I didn't find any mention of Indian blood, nor any hint of it in family discussions.... However, I report what I find, and won't make up stuff.
Jessica Ridgeway is still missing. Please let other people know that this 10-year-old girl has vanished. She needs to be found.
  In case you're wondering about the photos that I'm posting from different countries, it's because I realized (the other day) that I couldn't name all the countries on our planet; large countries, yes; countries frequently in the news, yes; others, no. There are 257 countries on our planet today, and 66 of them are disputed; so I decided to post photos from all the countries. I don't remember hearing of Akrotiri previously, but I found that it is on a peninsula of the island of Cyprus.  (See yesterday's photos)  ... At least I'm still learning a few new things as I grow older.

No comments: