Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Just Stuff

I received about 10 catalogs in the mail yesterday - clothes, shoes, boots, foundation garments, puzzles, books, and seeds and plants. I have enough stuff to dream over for awhile... I've walked the little guys and Rosie and Remy today - Oklahoma! is on the Western Channel, and I've been singing along. The kits are out sitting in the sun, and after I've blogged, I need to pack up all my fixin's to make meatballs and marinara sauce. We're supposed to have a high temperature around 75 today, and 60 tomorrow, with snow starting tomorrow night and continuing through Thursday. This morning the weather folks said that Boulder will get between 3 and 9 inches of snow, so I'll need to pack my snow boots, too.
  It was glorious out this morning - the breeze was blowing golden leaves off the trees, and they formed into rivers of gold that poured, tumbling, down the roadways. I was wearing a pair of jeans, with a T-shirt and a sweatshirt, and was very comfortable. It was chilly at 7:30, but very nice by 9 a.m., and it's very nice in the sun in the back yard, at the moment. Last week, the neighborhood where I spend most of my time house-sitting and dog-walking, had several visits by one or a couple of black bears. They (or it) left multiple piles of scat, broke some bird feeders, and bent several wrought iron stands and hangers. Hopefully, with the on-coming cold and snow, the bears will den up, and we won't have to worry about them for a little while.
  Two ski slopes are already open here in Colorado - Arapahoe Basin opened 10 days ago, and Loveland ski area opened this morning. ... The authorities are still seeking the abductor and killer of Jessica Ridgeway. Police this morning said that there is a definite connection between Jessica's taker and a man who tried to grab, or abduct, a female jogger last May in a Denver park. Police are not saying what the connection is between the two.
  Even though I have already voted, I watched the debate last night between Obama and Romney. Romney and Ryan will appear at Red Rocks this evening, and Obama will appear at a public park in Denver tomorrow.

No comments: