Saturday, October 6, 2012

Rain & Snow Mix = Miserable

I don't think we got higher than 39 degrees today; very grey and yucky, wet and dripping outside.  Off and on, you could see individual snowflakes fall, but they melted as soon as they came into contact with anything.  Peach has been doing very well; Peter is taking care of her tonight.  I'm with Finn and Skippy, and we have watched almost all of 3 football games.  The three teams I was cheering for won their games, so I feel good.  The Gators, the Gamecocks, and Navy all won, even though each team was ranked lower than their opponent.  LSU's offense was pretty much smothered by the Gators, getting only 2 field goals.  The Georgia Bulldogs didn't score until the second and third string defense for South Carolina was on the field, and I kind of think they were "allowed" to score so it wouldn't be a shut-out.  And Navy started it off by defeating Air Force  in over-time.
   I was over checking on Peach, feeding, walking and medicating her, between games and at the half-time breaks.  She is such a sweet old dog...  very deep brown eyes that are liquid, and a usually smiling mouth.  She's been evidencing edema, so she's now on Lasix; and even though she has 16 cancerous growths in her chest cavity, she is still just strutting along.
   Skippy has been happy because I let him sit in my lap, and make sure that Finn doesn't knock him around.  I groomed both of them during the games today; but Skippy has two big knots in his belly fur that I think need to be cut out.  Finn kept me busy with a towel, drying him off after he ran outside (with my permission).
   Lovey has had her pain meds, and Nedi has been scratched and loved.  They are both upset that I didn't spend much time with them today.  But starting tomorrow evening, I'll be on vacation, and they will be happy to see me leave occasionally once I've been home a few days.  It will be nice to stay at home and not have to be anywhere at any specific time for a while...  My only plans are to read, cook, love the kits, watch TV as I feel like like, and research as I feel like it.  'Twill be wonderful!

No comments: