Friday, October 26, 2012

Seven point Seven Inches of Snow

Twenty-seven degrees outside, and I'm sitting at my desk with the patio door open about 8 inches... The door is ten feet away from me, and I'm wearing wool socks, jeans and a T-shirt. I must admit that my toes are getting chilly, while my face, chin, neck, and glasses frames are collecting a large quantity of Lovey fur. Nedi has gotten a lot of love this morning, and Lovey is now perched on my left shoulder. I'm extremely happy that she loves me and wants to be touching me, but it does make blogging a bit difficult. Other than a few flurries between now and noon, the snow is over (at least it is, according to the weather folks). Boulder got 7.7 inches over the last two nights; not nearly as much last night as the night before. And tomorrow the sun is supposed to shine, with gradual warming through Wednesday, when the high for Hallowe'en is going to be 72....
   I picked Kathy up and drove her into work this morning, and I'll take her back home this evening. Mike has the Snow car because Mona is at the vet's being spayed, having her teeth cleaned, and getting her nails done. He took her in this morning, and will bring her home this evening. I shoveled the walkways and the deck for Aiko and Yoshi yesterday, and did so again this morning - Aiko likes the snow, but Yoshi doesn't. Rosie was happy during her walk yesterday, but Remy's feet kept slipping, which isn't good with his back problems. I'll take them out about one this afternoon - it should be a little warmer, and, hopefully, I can find places where Remy can get good traction. The Snows' back yard is under about 8 inches, so I won't be taking the Rs there today.
   I have been asked to take care of several houses over the Thanksgiving holiday - normally, I would be staying at Brandi's, but I haven't heard from her folks lately. I'll be picking up mail at one house, and turning lights on and off; I'll be feeding and medicating and loving cats twice a day at a second place; and I'll be feeding cats and dogs in the morning at a third place.... At the moment, it looks like I'll be sleeping in my own bed that week. Not so for Christmas and New Year's - and I'm currently booked solidly through March, spotty in April, and then Alexy is going to England for 5 weeks starting in early May - and the kits and I will be at her house during that time....
   I thoroughly enjoyed Person of Interest last night, and am, once again, looking forward to the next episode. None of the "new" shows has grabbed me, but I do watch Vegas after NCIS on Tuesday. I like Michael Chiklis and Randy Quaid, and I don't know why I was surprised to see that they are both the co-executive producers of the show... I'm just glad they are on. So, besides Jeopardy! and the news, I'm only watching three other programs - if you don't count football. I DO enjoy my football, and several new friends have found out just how much I love my football, and have decided not to be present on game days... Which is, actually, fine with me. I like to yell and say what's on my mind without restrictions...
   For tomorrow: Go Gators! Beat those Dawgs!

No comments: