Saturday, October 20, 2012

Vacation is Almost Over

My vacation is drawing to a close, and while I have enjoyed two weeks off, I find I'm looking forward to walking dogs and house-sitting again. There were a lot of things that I wish I could have done, but I didn't have the money - and it's no use crying about that - I am very content in what I did manage to do. I was able to sleep in several mornings, I spent a lot of time cuddling with my kits, I cleaned house when I felt like it, I was able to go exploring in the Rav4 several days, and I visited a state I hadn't previously seen. I also went out to supper with several friends, and I had tea yesterday with my friend Bea, and her friend Carol. It has been a relaxing and soothing time.
   I have the LSU - Texas A & M game on right now. I had looked up a few moments ago, and laughed to see Lee Corso wearing Albert the Alligator's head and holding a young albino alligator that was wearing a tiny UF Gator shirt... Apparently, he's picking Florida over the South Carolina Gamecocks today. I'm planning on seeing both of the games I just mentioned today. Tomorrow, I'll watch the Redskins at the Giants followed by the Jets at the Patriots. I'll be rooting, of course, for RGIII and Tebow.
   The Breeders Cup Racing Championships are 13 and 14 days away. They are back at Santa Anita, and the girls will race on Friday, November 2, while the boys (and any possible mixed sex races) will occur on Saturday, the 3rd. With so many great names sidelined by injury and/or retirement, I have no clear idea of the majority of the horses who will be running. I'm sure there will be several excellent races, and I hope there will be no injuries.
   My kits are currently outside - it's grey and overcast in the east, but there is a lot of blue sky behind the mountains to the west. We're supposed to have highs in the upper-60s and lower-70s until Wednesday, when the weather folks are saying we'll have a high in the mid-50s. I start caring for Aiko and Yoshi Monday afternoon, after walking the Rs in the morning. I'll miss having so much time with my kits, but then I have several weeks at home with them again, once the Shih Tzu's folks are back from their trip. Nedi was investigating a pile of empty shipping boxes (that I need to break down and place in the recycle bin) last night, and caused a huge amount of noise by toppling them all over the place, and, being empty, they bounced. Big noise; Nedi hid inside the medicine chest for a couple of hours. Lovey is brushing all over my face with her chin, body, and tail; she is completely back to normal, for which I am thankful.
   Have a great weekend!

No comments: