Monday, October 8, 2012

Vacation

I went to bed last night after the Saints won their game - and I slept for almost 12 hours. It was wonderful not to have to get up at a certain time. Of course, Nedi wanted me up at 5:30, and Lovey thought 7 was the ideal time to arise, but I didn't get up until 8:20 this morning. Comfort! It's in the low 60s right now, and Nedi and Lovey are travelling in and out the back door, playing outside and then coming back in to check up on me. Lovey has spent quite a bit of time just crouched down in the sun - I hope the sun will help her continue to heal well and quickly. Nedi is observing and chasing the birds and insects and squirrels, as usual. I had a late breakfast and took my meds, and could easily curl up again and go back to sleep - but, I do need to do a few things around the house: take out the recycling and clean out the 'fridge... Then again, I can always do that tomorrow!
   Jessica Ridgewy is still missing - this makes it over 72 hours sine she disappeared on her walk to school Friday. Yesterday afternoon, her backpack was found in a residential neighborhood 6.2 miles from her home; police and bloodhounds are searching that area now. Poor kid. If she's still alive her hair may have been cut and/or dyed another color, so please look carefully at her features, the gap between her front teeth, the fact that her ears are pierced, and that she is supposed to wear glasses (I always squint without mine):

I hope she is found safe, and alive, soon.

No comments: