Friday, November 2, 2012

My Saturday Breeders Cup Picks

First: Today's Breeder Cup race scratches: Worth Repeating has been scratched from the Marathon, and Sustained has been scratched from the Juvenile Fillies Turf.
  Tomorrow's Breeders Cup races are nine in number. Two are restricted to 2-year-old boys; one is restricted to girls of any age. The other six races are open to either sex, ages three years and up. There are still several horses that I haven't seen a photo of, and a few that I have no information on whatever... But here goes:
  First tomorrow is the Juvenile Turf, going 1 mile, with each 2-year-old boy carrying 122 pounds. There are 14 colts and 1 ridgling entered in this race. Gervinho and Noble Tune are both undefeated; Dry Summer (post 11) is the ridgling. I have no information on Rising Legend, other than he was bred in England. Seven of the entrants are descended from *Forli, so I like them; Noble Tune has Unbridled on the top of his pedigree and Storm Cat on the bottom. I like the way both Noble Tune and Gervinho look, but they will probably be the betting favorites. I like the pedigree of Lines of Battle. I'll bet on Brown Almighty, Balance the Books, Joha, and Know More....
  The Filly and Mare Sprint is the next race; it covers 7 furlongs, and all the entries (ten) are 4 or 5 years of age and they all carry 124 pounds. For pedigree, I like Belle of the Hall, Dust and Diamonds, Rumor, and Switch. By looks, I prefer Strike the Moon, Turbulent Descent, Great Hot and Musical Romance. I'll go with Turbulent Descent, Great Hot, and Switch.
  The (Dirt) Mile follows the ladies. It's weight for age; three 3-year-olds carry 123 pounds racing against six older horses who carry 126 pounds. Of the 9 entries, Rail Trip, Delegation, John Scott, and Second City are geldings. Delegation, Fed Biz, and Second City are 3-year-olds. Shackleford, last year's winner of the Preakness looks good shortening up. I like John Scott's pedigree. I'll bet on Jersey Town, Fed Biz, and Rail Trip, with Shackleford as my wild card.
  The Turf Sprint has a route of 6.5 furlongs, and weight carried is assigned by age and sex. Thirteen of the 16 entries carry 126 pounds; the exceptions are Reneesgotzip, a 3-year-old filly, who carries 121 pounds; Mizdirection, a grey 4-year-old filly, who backs 123 pounds; and Undbridled's Note, a 3-year-old colt, who is assigned 124 pounds. The horses range in age from 8 years (California Flag) to the two 3-year-olds. In this race, I'll back Great Mills, Great Attack, Corporate Jungle, and Unbridled's Note. I also like Starspangled Heat. My husband would be betting on California Flag, Starspangledbanner and Mizdirection.
  Two-year-old boys vie in the Juvenile; all carry 122 pounds over a distance of 1 and 1/16 miles. There are 9 entries, and I've seen 7 of them. I like the pedigrees of Title Contender, Speak Logistics, He's Had Enough and Fortify. I like the looks of Shanghai Bobby (probably the betting favorite), Monument, and Fortify. I'll put money on Speak Logistics, He's Had Enough, Monument and Fortify.
  In the Turf race, eleven boys and one girl will travel 1 and 1/2 miles. It's a weight for age and sex race; eight horses carry 126 pounds; Shareta, a 4-year-old filly, carries 123 pounds; the 3-year-old boys (Cogito, Dullahan, and Optimizer) carry 122 pounds. I like the breeding of St. Nicholas Abbey, Shareta, Little Mike, and Trailblazer (a grandson of Sunday Silence). Betting on looks and breeding, I'll bet on St. Nicholas Abbey, Treasure Beach, Optimizer, and Trailblazer.
  The Sprint! I used to make huge money on the Sprint; then I hit a period where i could not pick a winner at all. All entries, fourteen, in this race are colts; all carry 126 pounds, with the exception of the four 3-year-olds (Sum of the Parts, Jimmy Creed, The Lumber Guy, and Trinniberg) who carry 124 pounds. Amazombie is trying to get a repeat win, and might be the betting favorite. My husband would choose Justin Phillip, The Lumber Man, and Capital Account. Based on looks and pedigree, I'll choose Gantry, Coil, The Lumber Guy, and Hamazing Destiny.
  The Mile (Turf) has 9 entries. The eight males carry 126 pounds, while the lone girl, Moonlight Cloud totes 123. Animal Kingdom and/or Wise Dan will probably be the bettors' choice. I like the breeding of Mr. Commons and Jeranimo. I'll place my bucks on Obviously, Excelebration, Suggestive Boy, and Moonlight Cloud.
  The Classic has a purse of $5 million, and NBC is going to show this race in prime time tomorrow night. There are 12 runners, aged 7 to 3 years. They will run the United States' classic distance of 1 and 1/4 miles on the main track. Three 3-year-old colts are challenging the older boys. The older males will carry 126, while Alpha, Nonios, and Handsome Mike have 122 pounds on their backs. I like the breeding of Pool Play, Flat Out, Alpha, Brilliant Speed,and Mucho Macho Man. I will bet on looks and breeding - Fort Larned (a grandson of Bayakoa), Nonios (with Pleasant Colony and Affirmed on top, with Touch Gold on the bottom), Richard's Kid (Lemon Drop Kid on top Broad Brush on bottom), Ron the Greek (A P Indy on top, Dixieland Band on the bottom), and To Honor and Serve (A P Indy on top, Deputy Minister on the bottom) - but most of all, with John Velasquez in the irons!
***WARNING - I am just picking horses by my own criteria. Do NOT place bets solely based on my choice. If you do bet, please do so responsibly. You are responsible for winning money or losing money, not me. ***

No comments: