Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday: Game and Race Day

It's a cool morning here - we're expecting a high of 60 degrees, and the CU Buffs have a home football game against Stanford. Kickoff is at noon, and other than the Buffs faithful, I don't expect much of a crowd (the stadium is two blocks away from my place). Lovey and Nedi both ran outside this morning when I opened the door, but then were back inside within 15 minutes. I don't know what's wrong with the sun and back yard this morning.
  I will watch the Gator - Missouri game this morning; then tuck into the Breeders Cup at 1:30 on NBC Sports. I'll have to keep an eye on the LSU - Alabama game, but I won't miss the BC Classic race tonight - it's worth $5 million. I thoroughly enjoyed Blue Blood last night - Tom Selleck gets better with age, and I love Lou Cariou, too. Don't forget to turn your clocks back tonight when you go to bed...
  And I hope for faster relief for those folks still suffering without homes, or without power, or with little food or fuel for their vehicles, thanks to Hurricane Sandy. On the east coast, one has to worry about hurricanes and northeasters; in the middle of the country, the worry is tornadoes; out west, we worry about drought, wildfires or blizzards - I can't think of any place in the United States that is totally "safe." To be honest, I miss the storms and hurricanes of the east coast. I dislike the droughts and blizzards I encounter out here. I will always think that I have a dual home - Florida and Chincoteague Island.

No comments: