Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Comments

I thought that I was adult enough to let go of a grudge. Apparently that is not true, as every time I think about KUSA and the Breeders Cup programming last night, I can feel all my muscles getting tense. It's over, it's in the past; I need to let go of this foolish anger. Today I'm writing bits and pieces - little things I've forgotten, or let drop from my mind because of Hurricane Sandy and the guilty pleasure of watching (and betting on) the Breeders Cup races. By the way, I use Xpressbet so I can watch the races at home, and bet when I feel like it. (http://www.xpressbet.com/ is a sponsor of the Breeders Cup races.)
    I talked to Lovey and Nedi all week long about the time change Saturday night and Sunday morning. I told them about Daylight Savings Time, and that we would get to sleep in an hour later beginning Sunday. Silly me. Lovey wanted up and out at her usual time, which was at 5 a.m. this morning - but I wouldn't get out of bed until my alarm said 6:00 - so I had an hour of talking and soft paws on my face and a cold nose in my ear. ... Just as the Breeders Cup coverage began yesterday on NBC Sports, the maintenance man for the apartment building was banging on my door. Seems the sewage system backed up, and I got to mop up an inch of disgusting stuff from the bathroom floor - then I scrubbed it with bleach (I have a tile floor). ... The Gators barely squeaked by Missouri yesterday before the racing; South Carolina had a bye week; and I was so disappointed when Alabama came back with that touchdown with a minute left in the fourth quarter. I had wanted LSU to win. ... Today I'll be cheering on the Broncos and Redskins; the Jets have a bye week. I like Tim Tebow; I don't think that he's Superman or the second-coming, I just like the young man who has such a tremendous work ethic. I watched a sports commentator the other day say that it's this week for the Jets to switch to Tebow as quarterback - now or never. The Jets are 3 and 5 halfway through the season; something, somewhere, isn't working right. I think they would do better if they allowed Tebow to play several sets straight - not the weird way they bring him to be a quarterback for one play, then a blocker, then a fullback... But I'm not the coach, and I don't own the team, so I'll shut up. .... Yesterday, people living on Chincoteague were joined by other folks from the mainland, and they cleaned up a good deal of the storm wrack - especially at the schools and parks and downtown. A large contingent also headed up to Queens, NY to assist the folks living there perform a clean-up over the weekend. Teaguers might be a bit insular, but they are quick to volunteer to help out others less fortunate. .... I have my work schedule straightened out for this month - the person who usually cancels was informed that if she cancels this time, she will be charged as if I were there - she has informed me that she does need me, and will pay whatever I decide to charge her. .... Yesterday started out nice and sunny, then became cloudy at mid-morning and stayed cool and bleak-looking all day. Today started out cloudy - long banners of pink and blue clouds across the eastern sky, and just plain grey ones above and to the west. Hoping for a high of 62 today.

No comments: