Saturday, November 3, 2012

Today's Breeders Cup Races

I ended up in the black with my betting today. But currently my blood pressure is through the roof, because our local station aired 30 minutes of News (mostly political ads) instead of the first 30 minutes of the Breeders Cup Classic program that was scheduled. It was not necessary for me to see that half-hour, but I enjoy seeing the film of previous races, and having the background commentary. It just blew me away that NBC Sports went from celebrating the eight Breeders Cup winners from today to 18 minutes of news, with 12 minutes of political ads, then to Tony Bennett singing as the 12 horses walked onto the track of the running for the Breeders Cup. It was totally surreal! And once the race was run, there was this incredibly rushed winners circle visit. NBC and KUSA screwed up on the coverage of the $5 million race. (And I am pissed.)

No comments: