Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wacky Wednesday

All I have to shop for today is the fresh fruit for the platter, and Sprouts has all of their berries on sale, so I'm in good shape. I'll need to make the corn pudding and brownies tonight, as well as bake my own pumpkin pie; tomorrow I'll only need to wash, dry, and arrange the fruits and berries for the platter. Kathy and Jim will pick me up and take me out to Niwot - when I get back, though, I'll need to take care of the Thore critters, then Ooch, and then Sasquatch and Tugger. So I'll get to bed a little later than usual... Then I'll be caring for them all twice a day through Sunday night... But I get to return to my own bed on Saturday night, so the kits and I will get to re-unite again. There's been no recent sighting of the black bear, so I hope it has gone back into the mountains.
  Rosie and Remy, and Mona and Boo were great this morning - at least I don't have muddy paw prints all over me like the last few days. Did my laundry yesterday - and my tummy is still not normal, but I'm coping. Luckily I grabbed new library books, so I have six new reads to keep me busy... - Which makes me wonder how long it will be before my eight books arrive from the Mystery Guild. I joined, ordered and paid for the books a few weeks ago, so I might just have to contact them and ask what happened...
  If you are on, or near Chincoteague, or are interested in the ponies on Assateague, here's the latest release from the CVFC:
"Chincoteague Volunteer Fire Company:
Happy Thanksgiving Friends!! Just wanted to let you all know that given the fact that the majority of ponies are up at the North End, we have put a few in the south corral for Thanksgiving week for everyone to see. They will be checked on daily and water and hay will be provided. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving!!"
   And, speaking of equines, Zenyatta's half-sister, Eblouissante made her racing debut this past weekend. She had never raced before, and made her debut as a three-year-old; she is a dark bay/brown like Zenyatta, and is tall and rangy like her half-sister. Eblouissante won her first race by 4 and 1/2 lengths and was pulling away at the wire; the filly, by Bernardini, is trained by John Shirreffs. Normally, race horses are known by their sire and dam. But here's a thought: Zenyatta and Eblouissante have the same mother, but different sires. Zenyatta's soon-to-be-a-yearling colt and Eblouissante have the same sire, Bernardini. It's normal in horse racing - but would be truly weird in humans....

No comments: