Monday, December 3, 2012

A Windy Monday

It's beautiful outside. At dawn there were a lot of clouds covering the sky, but now the only cloud to be seen is to the west behind the mountains. Nedi is outside watching the squirrels, while Lovey is sitting on the corner of my desk. It's currently snowing up at the Continental Divide, with about 6 inches already piled up. The winds are still whipping around in Rocky Mountain National Park, and the Fern Lake fire is now 20% contained; however, more than 600 houses are on the evacuation warning list for this morning. And TaRhonda Thomas is reporting live from the entrance to RMNP, and is being blown about by the wind gusts. One of the oddest news stories this morning was about a fire in Red Feather Lakes, northwest of Fort Collins. Sometime early this morning a fire started at an uninhabited cabin; it spread to a second cabin. The second cabin had a propane tank beside the building, and the fire caused the propane tank to shoot like a missile through the Red Feather Lakes Association clubhouse. Both cabins are total losses, while they are still inspecting the clubhouse that had the propane tank blast through it....
  I'll be heading out shortly to walk the Rs, then I'll hang around until it's time to walk and medicate Peach. After a short visit home, I have to head off again to meet my new psychiatrist. I know that I dread meeting her, as I kept dreaming that wild and crazy men and women were breaking into my apartment all last night and this morning. I'd wake up, scared to pieces, and check the doors and window... It was not a restful night.  I hope I like this new Doc....
  And I was so disgusted yesterday by the Jets and Cardinals game! The coach finally decided to bench Mark Sanchez - hooray! - but Tim Tebow was on the Injured Reserve list yesterday, and didn't even get to dress. So the third string QB, McElroy was called in. He ran the offense down the field and scored the only touchdown of the game - the Cards got two field goals. It was an ugly and extremely frustrating game for me. Then I was able to enjoy the Broncos game, but I had to grit my teeth over the phrasing at the end... "And the Broncos win their AFC division for the second time in a row, thanks to Peyton Manning." This second divisional win was due to Peyton Manning, but last year's win was due to Tim Tebow. I also saw the Cowboys - Eagles game and was disappointed by the lack of defense. So sad....

No comments: