Sunday, December 30, 2012

George Bent & Sand Creek Massacre

Painting on buffalo skin of Sand Creek Massacre; Chief Black Kettle is shown under the US flag and a white flag indicating peacefulness. 
 
George Bent working as an interpreter at a Cheyenne trial before US magistrates. George is the tall man in the back row.   Indentities: Front row, left to right: Old Crow´s son, Wild Hog´s daughter. Second row, sitting: Porcupine, Old Crow´s wife, Old Crow, Wild Hog. Back row, standing: Old Crow´s daughter, Noisy Walker, Strong Left Hand, George Bent, Blacksmith, Tangle Hair, Wild Dog´s daughter.
 
The first part of George Bent's obituary
 

1 comment:

The Old World Order Advocate said...

Wow, what a joy it was to find your blog. I was looking for a photo of a Catahoula and found an older post you made. I am a dog trainer/performer in the Dallas, Tx area hoping to fulfill my dream of moving to Colorado some day. Have to find a job there first. LOL
I am also into Genealogy, photography, etc. It's great to come across a kindred spirit.
My blog is very new and not at all ready for prime time as I only have a few posts. http://petsdontshed.blogspot.com/
I am working full time in outside employment so I haven't had much time to work on it. :/
I look forward to reading more of your posts.