Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Snow In the Forecast

Yesterday was a chilly day - even though the thermostat was set at 65, the heat seemed to turn on every 15 minutes or so. The ravens are scolding Nedi in the back yard, and Lovey has decided to eat some food. I spent yesterday and last night with Aiko and Yoshi; they are dear little boys, but decided to bark at something in the front yard at 1 a.m. and really scared me. I was scared because I was sound asleep, and couldn't figure out why there were high-pitched barks coming from a hall way I didn't recognize.... Once I woke up enough to know where I was, it was no big deal - but it was a surprise this morning.
  I didn't blog yesterday because I was so emotionally depleted after meeting with my new shrink Monday afternoon. Unfortunately, I had to give a recap of all of my "problems" for as long as I could remember - and I was astonished at how tiring and draining it was. And Cindy had a lot of questions for me that seemed a little off the wall, too. And once I got home, I realized that she hadn't renewed my medications, so I had to call back and get that done, as well. *Sigh* .... The one nice thing that has happened is the announcement that Prince William and his Duchess Kate are expecting a baby - but I could only grimace when I read that she was suffering from hyperemesis. That's a really debilitating and overtly gross phenomenon, poor girl!
  The Fern Lake fire has somehow managed to stay inside the Rocky Mountain National Park, even though more than 600 people were evacuated (again) on Monday. Fire officials hope to be able to allow some of those displaced to return to their homes today. The winds blew the fire over a 3-mile stretch of country in under 30 minutes Friday night; and if the winds continue in the same direction, with the same intensity and amount of spread, the fire would be in downtown Estes Park within another 30 minutes today. The Fern Lake fire has burned over 7 square miles of trees, brush, pasture, and one cabin since it began back in October. ... And we actually have snow in our five-day forecast! The weather folks are saying that we'll having dropping temperatures Friday and Saturday, and that we'll start getting snow Saturday evening. At the moment, they are only stating that we'll get "a few inches, not the 2 feet that we need." They say the high Saturday will be 34, the high Sunday will be 23, and the low Sunday/Monday will be 10.
  A flock of geese just flew by, honking melodiously. I hope that the rest of your week is as peaceful and calming as that chorus was.

No comments: