Monday, December 17, 2012

Then the Ceiling Fell...

Oh, the joys of living in an apartment building! I crawled into the shower this morning less than half awake, and while rinsing off, realized there was a steady drip of cold water landing on me that didn't originate from the shower head. I got out, dried off, and put on my glasses. Then I climbed up on the edge of the tub and looked at the ceiling above it. There was a nice little bulge, and it was very soft under my fingers. The spot where the drip was located sent out a little spurt of water when I pressed next to it. I got dressed, and went to check on the wet spot again - Ka-boom! The ceiling above the tub fell in. So I called and e-mailed my morning dog-walking appointments to cancel, and then contacted the maintenance man. While he was coming over the building, I emptied out my bathroom, and most of my walk-in closet, since you have to go through the closet to get into the bathroom. It seems that the pipe above the bathtub sprung a leak, and had to be replaced. The plasterer just finished patching the ceiling, so I can rest and relax now. Jim, the maintenance man, will check the plaster in the morning before I go to walk my doggies...
  It's in the upper 40s and the sun is shining brightly, but the wind is like an ice-cold knife. The weather folks say we'll be up around 50 tomorrow, but then we'll have evening snow and snow with a high around 25 on Wednesday... We'll see what happens. Lovey usually sleeps at the bend of my knees, but for the last two weeks, she wants to be right on my shoulder - I don't mind, but it makes it awkward when I want to turn over in the night. Nedi is still changing into a cuddler; he comes and kneads my arm and nurses, then he heaves a big sigh and collapses next to me... He's a sweetie. And I totally loved my pro football games yesterday - the Broncos, Packers, Redskins and Forty-Niners won. Tonight I'll be rooting for the Jets, and hoping to see Tim Tebow on the field... Enough from the drama queen. More tomorrow, after I've taken the red kids out and about.

No comments: