Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Murder of Crows

I was awakened by a murder of crows this morning - there were more than 28 of them, sitting in the trees and along the top of the fence, asking me to deliver breakfast. So I got dressed, then fed them and the squirrels, and, secondly, fed the cats. That was OK with Nedi, but Lovey was a little perturbed at her lower order of precedence today. She is sitting with her back to me, watching the squirrels perform acrobatics. I must say that the Azithromycin and Tessalon Perles seem to be doing a good job - I feel better already, and am coughing much less; which meant I had a great sleep last night, the first in 3 weeks. My only problem today is that the crown of my head hurts, which is kinda weird...
  I had a blast playing Jeopardy last night - of course, I didn't have to ring in before anyone, but I had $40,700 before Final Jeopardy, and I bet half of it,so I ended up with an imaginary $61,050 at the end of the game... Then I watched NCIS and Vegas - and got a full dose of all my favorite actors on Tuesday. I love David McCallum and Mark Harmon, and then an hour later I get to drool over Michael Chiklis and Dennis Quaid. Thursday night I get to watch the men on Person of Interest, and then Friday night I salivate over Gary Sinise, Robert Joy, and Tom Selleck (on CSI: NY and Blue Bloods). I am currently floating along, listening to the '60s Revolution music channel - "Wild Thing" just played, and now "Your Mother Should Know" is on... I'm certainly enjoying all the pre-teen (for me) songs that are playing.
  The Denver National Stock Show has been having tremendous attendance so far - they had almost 45,000 visitors on Sunday, one of the days during which they had a rodeo of Coloradoans versus the World... The photos from the NWSS are delightful - a two-year-old boy sitting on the back of a huge Brahma bull; the kids riding pedal-powered tractors in a race around a track stacked with straw bales; the kids in the stick horse rodeo; the rodeo clown demonstrations; the herding dog demonstrations; and all the other activities - wood carving demos, training and riding demos, grooming demos - it's just too much to take in in one day. (I still hope to get there this year, but it will depend on how this illness goes.) This weekend, the Native American Exposition also takes place in Denver, Friday through Sunday - with artists, dancing, singing, and a huge vendor area. I'd love to be there, too. So much going on, so little time and so little money to go and have a good time with.... sigh...

No comments: