Thursday, January 10, 2013

Books; Chincoteague

I took the day off from blogging yesterday - still coughing from my bronchitis, and feeling a bit stretched out, but otherwise, OK. Visited the Bookworm yesterday, was there for 10 minutes and purchased 8 used books - 4 of them being The Bobbsey Twins for my collection, and 4 of them Jack Whyte's Camulod series... The squirrels here are in heaven, as I purchased a package of all natural oatmeal-raisin cookies, and they are just too sweet for me - so the squirrels are having a feast. Lovey is sprawled across my shoulders, while Nedi is outside. We had a high yesterday of 58 in Boulder, and 60 in Denver (our usual high is 42). We are very dry,even though the snow has just finished melting. I hope the snow coming Friday night and Saturday morning is nice and deep... except in the area near Mile High Stadium (don't need to have a lot of snow removal before the Broncos - Ravens game).
  Cousin Aleda's testing has shown that, thus far, she has a huge ulcer in her stomach; more testing is on-going. ... An anonymous tip to the Coast Guard about drug usage has resulted in administrative leave for eight men stationed at USCG Chincoteague. The eight men are employed in the Sector Field Office, the Aids to Navigation Team, and the Electronic Support Detachment. What puzzled me about the report was the follow-up sentence that reads: "None of the eight are connected to Station Chincoteague." How, exactly, does that work? ... Also, there is an arsonist, and perhaps a copy-cat arsonist, running loose in Accomack County. Since the end of September there have been 39 confirmed incidents of arson in the county, all of them happening at night and in un-used or abandoned buildings. Luckily there have been no deaths or injuries from these fires. .... Forty-two people participated in the Pony Polar Plunge on New Years Day, diving into the cold Atlantic Ocean on Assateague Beach. And this was after most of them had watched the Horse Shoe fall at Jim Reed Park to signify the beginning of the New Year in downtown Chincoteague.
  With temperatures expected to be in the teens and lower 20s over the weekend and Monday, I plan on staying inside my apartment, reading, watching football, and snuggling with my kits. I hope your plans are just as cozy, or more exciting - whatever you desire.

No comments: