Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Diagnosis; Gentle Giants

I saw one of my primary care physician's co-workers this morning. I like him better than her. Anyway, my diagnosis is now acute bronchitis, possibly pertussis (whooping cough). I'm on a second round of antibiotics along with a cough suppressant, and he told me to continue to treat myself as I have been doing, with the addition of 4 warm salt-water gargles per day. He said he felt that I'd be fine to take care of the red kids this weekend, but I should let the owners' decide. I have dutifully e-mailed and called the owners, and now await their decision. I pick up my new meds about 1 this afternoon.
  There is still snow on the ground, looking like someone didn't have quite enough powdered sugar to thoroughly coat the ground. It's back to 3 degrees, and, unless the winds pick up from the west, I don't think we'll break freezing today. My kits have run in and out for a while, and I've fed the birds and squirrels - Cashew came up to the door and begged for more nuts this morning, and I couldn't deny him. Lovey spent most of yesterday either draped around my neck, or lying partially on top of my shoulder. She can't get close enough these days. Nedi came early this morning, and nursed on my right arm, before curling up beside my waist. Thank goodness I have cuddly and snuggly kits!
   I watched "Gentle Giants" this morning on RFD TV - they visited the Express Clydesdales from Yukon, Oklahoma, and interviewed Bob Funk, the owner. It was a pretty good program, and I was happy they showed the URL for the farm - that way, I found out that the current farm is located on the old Chisholm Trail. The farm has a combination museum and souvenir shop up in the hayloft... It was neat to be able to see it all, and to learn how the grooms take care of the white feathers on the Clydes' legs. - Now, that was interesting!

No comments: