Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I Hate Being Ill!

It's nice and bright outside today, but the wind has started to pick up, and the weather forecast is "Windy with a high of 36 degrees." So, even if we get up to 16, it will still feel like it's in the teens... Lovey and Nedi let me sleep in this morning, I'm not sure why, but they did. I wonder if they somehow osmosed what the doctor told me last night: "You're not going to get better unless you rest. Rest, rest, rest!" He listened to my lungs, looked at my ears, nose and throat, and said I still had an acute upper respiratory infection... I now have an inhaler, Tessalon Perles for coughing, and another round of antibiotics. Plus I've been told to stay on bed rest until Valentine's Day... I got him to say it was OK for me to sit up and read, so here I am. Other than walking dogs, I don't have any jobs until the 17th of February, so I've notified the folks that pay me to walk and play with their dogs...
  I enjoyed NCIS and Vegas last night on the television. Yesterday afternoon I spent with my friend Bea, and we had a leisurely lunch at The China Gourmet, then we wandered through Lucky's Market and also visited the newly opened Lucky's Bakehouse and Creamery. It's a good thing that we were so stuffed from lunch, because I lusted after/over almost every single item in the new store. Everything looked tempting and it certainly smelled tempting, too. Then we went to the Carnegie Library and started working on Bea's family tree. Unfortunately, her Mom's surname was Jones, so it's becoming a search for a needle in a haystack, in seeking her Mother's parents. Since they were from Louisiana and had strong ties to the church, I hope to find the answers in Parish records.
  Besides looking for Bea's ancestors and my usual computer play, I am half-way through reading The Man on the Donkey, then I have Wolf Hall to read (thanks to Alexy), and then the next two Chronicles of Camulod books by Jack Whyte. At least I won't be bored!

No comments: