Sunday, January 13, 2013

*Sigh* The Broncos...

Three degrees outside right now; even with my wool socks on, my feet are chilly. I have decided to not root for any particular football team for the rest of the professional season, because each team I want to win loses. Yesterday, I geared myself up and watched the Broncos - Ravens game. It was a long game; more than 4 hours long. I watched the first three quarters from my sofa, then watched the fourth quarter and the over time periods from my bed, with all the covers pulled up and both cats cuddling. The game was exciting; the score kept being tied, which led to the first over time, and then the second. Peyton Manning made a bad throw and the Ravens were able to get a field goal. They won. The Broncos are out of the championship playoffs. Multiple Broncos players claimed the blame for their loss. For me, it was a team effort, and a team loss. - Of course, I'm still a Tim Tebow fan, and I just had to say, out loud, at the end of the game, that at least with Tebow as quarterback, we (the Broncos) had won one playoff game last year - this year, with the much vaunted Peyton Manning, we did not win any playoff games. I know. That's sour grapes talking...
   Still coughing like mad, whether I talk out loud or not. This bronchitis/flu is the pits. I fell asleep after the Broncos game, woke up, read a bit, and slept some more. I'm about ready to go back to bed again - even though I've only been up for two and a half hours. The ravens and crows made fast work of the Nutter Butter cookies this morning, and the squirrels have been fed twice... With the temperature forecast for -8 degrees tonight, I keep putting out more nuts, so the little guys can generate body heat.
   Let's see - more bits and pieces: Jockey Gary Stevens rode his third mount in his return to racing yesterday, and won his first return race. He's got four mounts today. .... There have been 4 fatal breakdowns on the Aqueduct inner dirt track in the last 6 weeks. Necropsies have been ordered on all four horses. .... Trainer Ron McAnally is recovering from a knee replacement; he hopes to watch his wife's mare win this edition of the Paseana Stakes. .... The Jacksonville Jaguars, who expressed an interest in hiring Tim Tebow last year, have said that they are not interested in him this year. .... In the tiny town of Bloxom, in Accomack County, Virginia, a hunt is underway for a man wanted for breaking and entering and robbery. He made the mistake of entering an occupied house; he fired a hand gun at the woman who confronted him, and she shot back, twice. There were no reports of injury. (Bloxom is like Chincoteague, you just don't expect anything to happen there!) .... Oh. And I was surprised yesterday when I was looking in the Google Image files: I typed in "Assateague Island Virginia" and was looking at landscapes, sunrises and sunsets. I was very surprised to find a photo of an entirely naked man drinking a beer in the photos. They are "tagged" Assateague Island, Virginia; as there are a whole bunch of photos from a party at the old Nude Beach on Assateague a few years ago, I guess it's OK. I just wasn't expecting a naked man under the Assateague Island search!

No comments: