Saturday, January 12, 2013

Snowing

A few flurries of snow are still drifting down and it's 7 degrees outside. I have on a pair of blue Gator sweatpants, blue wool socks, and my orange long-sleeved Broncos T-shirt. The football field at Mile High Stadium was covered with tarps last night, and was still covered a few minutes ago, when the local TV station finished a pre-game broadcast. The snow itself is very fine, light powder; and there has been just enough (here in Boulder) to cover the grass in the back yard. Lovey is curled up on my nightgown in our bed, and Nedi is on the second level of the cat tree, watching the squirrels eat nuts. The crows and ravens were here earlier, and got their craws full of Nutter Butter cookies - there are also a few pieces of the cookies with nuts for the furry ones. I am probably going to take a nap before the Broncos - Ravens football game, as I am already exhausted - even though all I have done is feed the critters outside and in, cleaned the litter boxes, and cooked and eaten breakfast. I feel like I could sleep for a week right now.
  I had my flu shot the second week of October, but apparently, the strain of flu I have wasn't covered in the vaccination I received. Oh, well. Today is my 17th day of sore throat, coughing, itchy eyes, fever and chills, joint aches, sneezing, and a runny nose. I take aspirin during the day and Coricidin HBP before bed. I drink lots of water, lemon tea with a dab of honey, G2, and watered juice. I'm eating chicken noodle and chicken soup, plus lots of sugar-free Jello. I've taken a weeks worth of antibiotics, prednisone, and cough syrup by way of my GP. Right now, I can function for about 90 to 120 minutes before I have to lie down and sleep again. It's the pits. - I see that 47 states are reporting "epidemic" sized flu cases. Hawaii, California, and portions of Nevada and Arizona are the only ones escaping this. When I got sick like this in Florida, Dr. Little would tell me to just "bake it out of your system" meaning I was to sit in the sun all day while drinking plenty of fluids. It's too cold to do that here in Colorado. Wish I was on a dock, or a deck, in Florida at the moment.
  I'll close for today with a cheer for the Broncos and for the Packers in their playoff games - and for whoever plays the Patriots tomorrow.

No comments: