Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Stuff

I talked with my friend Carolyn in Vero Beach this morning - we traded coughs at each other - she had this upper respiratory infection and bronchitis starting the week before Christmas, and she's still coughing.... We got caught up on family news and giggled over the past and laid out a few plans for the future, including a shared trip up to Chincoteague. It was good to hear the voice of a childhood friend! We're as close as most sisters, and she (along with her husband, Greg) always makes me feel loved and secure (even if we're griping about the cost of cable TV or whatever). It was good to be able to talk and relax and laugh - and cough - with her. I had to admit that I had forgotten the name of Amy, her orange female tabby - I knew her name was short and started with an A, but I couldn't have said Amy to save my life... The problems of having too much stuff in one's brain, I think.
  I figured the Texans would win over the Bengals yesterday, and I was happy to see the Packers prevail over the Vikings. Now we have today's games: Colts and Ravens, then the Seahawks and Redskins. I'm rooting for RGIII, Shanahan, and the 'Skins. Lovey and Nedi curled up with me and spent all night with some portion of their anatomy touching me - even though I was having fever and chills and kept tossing the covers on and off. Lovey is currently in the reading chair, while Nedi is sprawled on the patio, soaking up sunshine. Friday was the first time since Christmas Eve that we achieved a temperature above freezing - it was in the low 40s yesterday, and is supposed to be thereabouts for the next week. We're having a heat wave! And I love it! Warmth, warmth, give me warmth! I was going to be at home all this week, but it looks as if I'll be at Aiko and Yoshi's for 3 nights this week. Then I'll be at home until the 17th.
  The Mapleton Hill community is holding a candlelight vigil for Edward the Elk this evening. The majority of people in Boulder love their pets, furry friends, and wildlife to an extreme - that's how I make my living, after all - and, while there are also those black-hearted knaves around who dislike anything other than humans, luckily they are a minority. If I didn't have this bronchitis, I'd be there to pay my respects.

No comments: