Saturday, February 23, 2013

Chincoteague Spring Round-Up; House-Sitting, and My Kits

It's partly sunny out,and about 20 degrees. The snow from Wednesday has compacted a bit, but hasn't disappeared in any way - other than from the scraped streets. This morning's weather report says Boulder will get 10 inches of snow, beginning tonight. I'll be at the house with Aiko and Yoshi, and as the house is now publicly listed "For Sale" I have to keep the house immaculate and be ready to whisk the boys away with me whenever a realtor makes a showing appointment. I can always take the boys over to Kathy and Jim's - and, I guess, if it's snowing hard, I can drive them over. The owners are trying to set up staying across the street, with a neighbor, but Nancy works night shift in an ICU, and I don't want to put her out in any way. My apartment complex is also undergoing an inspection by the City of Boulder on the 28th - and the management wants everything to be spic and span for that - which will make things very interesting, as I need to do some more tossing of recyclables at my place, but be available to clear the house of the munchkins for sale showings ...
  If you happen to be in the area of Chincoteague and Assateague Islands (Virginia) on the weekend of April 5, 6 and 7, you can be witness to the Annual Spring Round-Up of the Chincoteague ponies. The Ponies will be rounded up for vet checks. The southern herd will be rounded up on Friday and the Northern herd on Sunday. The Southern herd will be viewable by the public in the Southern Corral, just off the road that takes you to the beach. There will probably be a few new foals to look over, and, if Surfer Dude is still ranging on the south end of the island, the foals will be cute and/or pretty.
  I had to laugh this morning - I had the patio door cracked open, and Lovey and Nedi had been in and out quite a few times, when I heard Lovey make an odd noise. She was sitting on a perch in the cat tree, looking down towards the open door. She finally changed from a burble to a very short, hesitant hiss, and I asked if her brother, Nedi, was stalking her. She didn't pay any attention to me, so I walked around the corner from my desk, and saw that Bob, neighbor's cat, was sitting half-in and half-out, on the door sill. He was just calmly sitting there, staring up at Lovey. So I called Nedi, who came running from ChickenMan's patio; he ran in past Bob, who withdrew, and I closed the door. Lovey watched the door for several minutes before she relaxed.

No comments: