Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Snow?

The day began without a cloud in the sky, but now the clouds are starting to roll in... Today's local newspaper says to expect between 2 and 4 inches of snow this afternoon and evening... It's certainly chilly enough for it, and we're supposed to get some of the moisture from the California snow storm over our area; but it hasn't arrived yet. I am still coughing from my bronchitis, but it's now occurring a lot less frequently than before. I visited the store this morning, and purchased more crunchies for the kitties and cereal for me, plus a couple of oranges. I plan on using my 50% off coupon today to purchase a large pizza - that will give me three full meals for $6, so I can't complain.
  My friend Geary managed to be home in New Orleans for Mardi Gras - he sat on his Auntie's porch in the French Quarter and watched the parades and crowds go by. He also loaded up on Cajun cookin', and he says he'll have to diet for the rest of the month to get back to his normal weight. I am currently reading jack Whyte's Uther, which is only 917 pages... the first 100 have been riveting, and I haven't wanted to put the book down. And I'm a little concerned for my next-door-neighbor: the lease for my apartment states that I can't run or operate a business from here, and I'm sure that's in all the rental agreements. Chris and his friend and partner just got a SBA loan to start up their own business, doing mirror etching. For the last week, they have been working on their patio, making the etchings in the mirrors. I'm afraid that the maintenance man and/or the building owner will see their set-up (it covers the whole patio) and they'll get kicked out. Chris is one of the nicest neighbors I've ever had, and I'd be sorry to lose him...

No comments: