Friday, March 29, 2013

All Sorts of Things...

We have a cloudy morning here in Boulder, but we're expecting a high of 64 degrees. I've fed, loved, and walked Finn and Skippy. Gotten home and loved and fed Nedi and Lovey; then I'll go walk the Rs, and then pick Boo up and take her back to stay with Finn for a couple of days... Lovey and Nedi want more and more affection, and, luckily, I'll be able to spend much more time with them after Saturday.
  Ever since I first saw the Visigoths in the Capital One commercials, I have liked Garth, the usual spokesman. I finally found out that his name is Jonathan Ryland, and he was born in Surrey, England in November 1973 - while I was a senior in high school. (Geez, that makes me feel ancient!) But in any event, I now know his name and can see other things that he has appeared in.
  There is a wildfire burning in Bent County, Colorado right now, where they are under an extreme drought. - And down in Brazil, there is a huge wildfire burning at the Taim Ecological Station. It has already consumed 1,400 acres, and as there is very little water available, it will probably be allowed to burn itself out,,, Which is frightening to me. - And there were two more Accomack Arsonist fires last night in Virginia. Fire-fighters are stating that the second fire, near Greenbackville, was set by a "copy-cat" arsonist.
  Besides the Florida and Louisiana Derbys being run this weekend, it's also the big day of racing in Dubai. Racing network TVG will provide live coverage of the $27 million Dubai World Cup program March 30 beginning at 9 a.m. EDT. Highlighting the action from Meydan will be the $10 million Dubai World Cup (UAE-I), Thoroughbred racing's richest event. "Dubai World Cup day is one of our sport's biggest events, and TVG is excited to once again televise all the action for our fans," said Don Scott, TVG vice president of marketing. "Because of the outstanding group of American-based horses, and the pageantry of the event, we have added resources to enhance an already impressive TVG telecast."

No comments: