Monday, March 4, 2013

Murky Monday

Fat, fluffy snow flakes are falling in Denver, but we only have cloudy skies. Looking west, the tops of the mountains and the Flatirons are being hugged tightly by a heavy fog that usually indicates snow fall... I'll be calling Nancy in a few minutes to see if she wants me to come walk the Irish Setters. I'll have no problem doing it, but it's her decision, as their owner. My kits have run in and out, but are curled up and sleeping inside, so I happily closed the patio door behind them, as it's below freezing, and there's a pretty good northerly breeze.
  Rachel Alexandra is doing "much better" than expected at the Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington, Kentucky. She is walking and grazing multiple times each day, and is back to her regular eating and drinking habits. .... Game On Dude became the fourth horse to win two Santa Anita Handicaps Saturday. The 6-year-old gelding ran to the front of the pack in the mile and a quarter race, and stayed there, winning impressively under the ride of Mike Smith. .... Racing was cancelled yesterday at the West Virginia tracks, due to snowy weather and nasty track conditions.
  Another building burned to the ground outside of Onancock, in Accomack County, Virginia over the weekend. A smaller, secondary fire was found several hundred feet away. It is assumed that they are the continuing work of the Accomack Arsonist. If correct, the arsons number in the mid-50s now, having begun on 12 November. What in the world is going on?
  Today is the birthday of my friend, Beatrice Bell. She was the first black cheer leader for the Denver Broncos, and she is still one of the most delightful people I have ever met. I hope that she has many more wonderful days to celebrate. - Today is also the birthday of my nephew, Mike Snow. Mike is 31 today, and in 8 days will celebrate his 3-month wedding anniversary. I'll meet his bride tonight, when the family gets together for a birthday supper. I'm looking forward to seeing all the young Snows tonight!

No comments: