Thursday, March 21, 2013

Screaming Cats

Apparently my neighbor Chris and his lady haven't been home before when Lovey has a screaming fit at the Harlequin. It happened last night, again - but the patio door was open and Nedi was outside. Lovey started to scream, and I went over to the door; the Harlequin was standing about three feet from the door jamb, and Lovey jumped up onto the cat tree when I walked by her and onto the porch. At that time, Chris came out, looking very spiffy (going out to dinner),and asked what was going on... so I had to explain and apologize. The Harlequin walked over to Chris and got petted and scratched, and while he was occupied, I called Nedi, who came running and slipped inside the apartment like a shadow. - I feel bad for the the Harlequin; he's a very friendly cat who wants love and attention (and Neel has said the cat lives in B building, to our south), but Lovey has become more and more territorial lately...
  Today I'll arrive to walk Rosie at 10:15, so our walk will coincide with Remy's acupuncture appointment. Then I'll head over to Finn's house, and get reacquainted with him and Skippy. I just grabbed 5 books from the public library, so I should have enough to read for the next few days - plus I'll have access to the huge TVs and the computer while I'm there. I'll miss sleeping with Lovey and Nedi, but I can take naps with them in the afternoon...
  There was a brush fire in Parksley, Virginia earlier this week that is being examined to see if it's yet another in the long string of fires caused by the Accomack arsonist. That person needs to be apprehended and/or caught in the act. .... The Galena Wildfire, near Fort Collins, is completely contained, after burning 1500 acres. Investigators are still looking into the cause of that blaze. .... Two houses that I care for (house- and pet-sit) have been sold recently, both for over $1 million, so the neighborhood is going through some changes. And I'll be calling folks on my waiting list to see if they are still interested in my services. At least in Boulder, I never have to worry about finding employers!

No comments: