Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Yesterday, March 11

Yesterday would have my husband's 65th birthday. How did I spend the day? I loved and played with my cats, and with the Irish Setters and with Boo. I read a couple of chapters of Excalibur by Bernard Cornwell, and I attended a family dinner party to celebrate my nephew's birthday (though it was a week late). The forecast for yesterday was sunny and breezy, which it was. The forecast for last night said a few possible snow flurries late, with abundant sunshine Tuesday. It started to snow at 6:30 yesterday evening, and it's still coming down... But I'm not complaining! We need the snow, sleet, and/or rain badly. Please feel free to send more to us.
  Mike chose to celebrate his birthday at West Flanders Brewing Company at 1125 Pearl Street (on the Mall) - and the food was magnificent, the beer rich and heady, and the service was sublime. I'll be happy to return for anything on their menu (drinks or food) at any time! We spent about 3 hours at West Flanders, and I was able to meet Mike's wife, Erin, for the first time. I also saw niece Sarah and Michael for the first time since Thanksgiving - and they had just found out that their baby is a girl via an ultrasound. I also got to "catch up" with Jim and Kathy, and spread news of the other branches of the family. It was a wonderful night.
  And this afternoon the Conclave of Cardinals will make the first vote in the election of the new Pope...  this might prove to be very interesting!

No comments: