Saturday, April 13, 2013

Go, Black Caviar!


Chilly, just above freezing, with 87% humidity.  The weather folks said we'd have a sunny weekend, with highs in the 60s... Unless something changes drastically I don't think it's going to happen.  Now they are calling for rain tonight, rain showers Sunday, and snow Monday through Wednesday.  We'll see; weather is extremely unpredictable here at the eastern foot of the Rockies.  I've taken care of Maggie May, Boo, and have already been home to my kits.  Promised the kits they'd see me again today, as I have to take home a lot of my spices, clothes, and work materials.  Tonight, I'll stay at Boo's and then all day tomorrow, returning home to the kits tomorrow night.  Mike has posted some photos on Facebook from his current trip to Moab - the scenery is gorgeous! - And, of course, I think my nephew is handsome, too.  
  Besides losing comedian Jonathan Winters this week, the world also lost a beautiful, gifted ballerina - Maria Tallchief.  Winters was 87 years old; Tallchief was 88.  Jonathan made us laugh until we cried, while Maria left us breathless with her grace and skill.  Both will be sorely missed.
  Yesterday, the US Horse of the Year for 2012, Wise Dan, ran his first race of this year.  The 6-year-old chestnut gelding did not disappoint his fans, winning the Makers 46 Mile with ease.  And, down under, Black Caviar won her 25th race in a row today in the J. T. Smith Stakes.  The 6-year-old dark bay mare won easily by 3 lengths, distancing the other ten runners at the top of the stretch. I don't think anyone will contest the statement that Black Caviar is a champion.

No comments: