Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Snow, Glorious Snow....


It started to actually rain here around 7:30 last night - but from 5 p.m. until then, if you stepped outside, you could feel tiny, errant drops on your skin.  I thought I was hallucinating, until a spot managed to land on the lens of my glasses, giving me proof.  The rain turned to snow sometime after 10:30, when I went to sleep - there was 4 inches of snow on the patio table this morning, and it's still coming down.  Now, that was a silly thing to write, as it's supposed snow throughout today, most of the evening, and a little on Wednesday morning...  The weather folks say Boulder will get another 5 to 8 inches of snow before the storm leaves us.  The biggest shock was the 55 degree temperature change from noon yesterday to this morning - Yikes.  At least I was expecting the change, and had a turtleneck and sweatpants to pull on this morning.
  I've already made a quick trip home and loved, fed, watered , and allowed Nedi and Lovey to slip outside and check out the weather.  Since our temperatures have been quite warm, most of the roads had very little snow accumulation, but there were patches of ice and slush on the roads, and I was (as usual) upset with idiots speeding on the slick roads without their headlights on.
  Lovey decided she had to ride my shoulders as soon as I got home, and after the kits came back inside, Nedi was contemplating jumping up, but Lovey beat him to it.  It's silly, I know, but I love the fact that my kits want to be near or on me, always touching, when I've been absent.  They are my little, furry loves.  I didn't see any squirrels out and about this morning, but I put out three kinds of nuts for them, as well as peanut butter cookies.  Then I put out stale bread and doughnuts for the crows and ravens, who were very much visible, and quite noisy.
  Maggie hissed at me when I returned here this morning, but since I've been marked by two other cats, I can't blame her.  I have quilting and sewing and reading to do today; and I made a large pot of homemade meatballs in homemade marinara sauce last night - so I can stuff myself with pasta and hot Italian food all day, while I watch the snow fall....

No comments: