Monday, April 15, 2013

Vikings, Racing & Snow

I got home last night in time to see Vikings on the History Channel. It seems that Ragnar's raven tattoo, around his right ear, is getting larger and darker; and I hadn't noticed all of Rollo's tattoos when Earl Haraldson had him tied to the table to torture him... Am I not seeing things clearly? Or are the guys getting more tats as time passes? Will Lagertha survive this birth? Will Floki forgive Rollo? Is Athelstan sacrificed?
   I have seen no reports about the status of War Academy, after Mike Smith pulled him up during the running of the Arkansas Derby. I'm positive that Mike did the right thing - and if it had been my horse, I'd be singing his praises. Saving a horse from a break-down is one of the best things a jockey can do. - Speaking of which, it has been discovered that last year's two-year-old champion, Shanghai Bobby, has some type of problem with his pelvis. This is why the colt has not run well in any race this season, and is currently taking a vacation and being evaluated back on the farm.
   Lovey and Nedi have been extremely attentive since I returned, and I have been giving them lots of love and snuggling. I apparently turned my alarm off this morning without awakening, and finally awoke at 9:15 - when I was due to be at Rosie and Remy's to walk them. I peeked out the window and was delighted to see three inches of snow on the ground, which meant that I didn't have to walk the Rs. It's still coming down, and the weather folks say that it will do so until Thursday morning. Good. We need the moisture.

No comments: