Friday, August 23, 2013

Bear Attack

Gee, all I seem to be writing about is big critters attacking smaller critters.  Yesterday morning, a black bear attacked a dog that was using the bathroom in it's own yard.  The dog had cuts and bruises, and he survived - although the owner is still recuperating from the shock of having his 14-year-old Labrador retriever mauled  in their own back yard.  I'm still keeping Cloudy and Shady inside, which isn't making them happy with me.  Lovey and Nedi, on the other hand, are outside right now, while the trash truck is emptying the dumpster - but I know that unless a dog gets free, they won't be hunted right now.
  I'm still turning over the fact (in my mind) that Ocean City, Maryland was a part of Assateague Island up until 80 years ago.  I know that I've always heard stories about the different storms cutting guts and inlets  into Assateague, and that it's Assateague's bulk that protects Chincotegue from the same fate - but, for some reason, my mind doesn't want to accept that Ocean City was on Assateague.  Maybe it's because I've always been so careful to be correct about the differences between the Virginia and Maryland parts of Assateague.  Perhaps it's because Mom was a Chincoteaguer, and, therefore, I'm egocentric about Chincoteague and Assateague.  I think that it's something wonderful, now that I know about it - but I still have the feeling that it is wrong.  And I know that's very silly.
  Tomorrow I'm going to blog about Liberty Puzzles.  I love them, and I hope you will, also.

No comments: