Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Coyote Attack, Apology

Yesterday morning, at 9:30, a single coyote sneaked into a back yard and tried to grab a cat.  Bandit is an older fellow, a big, fluffy, cuddly fellow, who is going blind because of cataracts.  He suddenly yowled, which is extremely unusual for him, and his human was able to run out and chase the coyote out of the yard.  Bandit was frightened, but unhurt, as was his owner, Leslie.  I'm staying next door at Alexy's, and have not allowed Shady and Cloudy outside - yesterday or today.  So Cloudy and Shady are unhappy with me, but I don't want to tell Alexy that they disappeared and a coyote was next door...
   When I got up this morning, I fed Cloudy and Shady, and then walked the 1 1/2 miles to the grocery store; got my breakfast and supper, and walked back to Alexy's.  After eating, I walked Rosie, and then came home to see my kits.  Was surprised to see Dinah's door open in the hall, but then saw a Boulder police officer inside, and realized they were there to enforce her eviction notice.  Poor Dinah.  She needs help.  I know I'm depressed, but at least I take my meds and get counseling.  Dinah swears that there's a man living in "the crawl space above the ceiling" and that he keeps coming into her apartment through the ceiling, and stealing her belongings and food.  The ceilings in our apartments are concrete over iron girders, with a bit of spackley plaster over the cement.  She called the police and reported this so many times, that they got her permission to set up cameras in her apartment and film for 36 hours.  The only living thing seen in the apartment was Dinah - but she called the BPD, while the filming was going on, declaring that the man had come out of the ceiling and stolen food from her refrigerator.  She was arrested for making a false police report.  Now she's being evicted because she hasn't paid her rent since she first moved in...  Poor thing.
  Bea, my friend, has a third job interview with the same company today - afterwards, we're to have lunch at the Olive Garden, and then go to the public library, and over to Alfalfa's.  The store manager has reviewed the security tapes from the Saturday we visited, and tells us that the manager of the beverage department was on break, and that it just seemed that he was following Bea and me around.  The general manager and the beverage manager want to meet with us and apologize.  How refreshing!

No comments: