Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sleep

Wow.  I really crashed today.  Arrived home from Rosie's at 11 last night - loved and fed the kits, and went to bed.  Bounced out this morning, went and walked Rosie, and returned home.  Caught up on e-mail, and, having a head ache, I put an ice-pack over my eyes. (This was around 11 a.m.)  I just woke up...   Slept the day away....  Oh, well, I guess I needed to sleep.
  Earlier this week, a woman was walking her dogs in Peaceful Valley, here on the front range in Boulder County.  She had removed the dogs leashes, which was unlawful.  Going around a turn in the trail, they encountered a mother moose and her two calves.  The dogs, of course, ran at the babies, barking.  The mother moose stood still.  The silly woman decided it was safe to walk right past the mother moose, to try to collect her dogs.  Momma moose then attacked the woman.  She escaped with a broken leg - but, of course, had to telephone for help, and was removed by EMS crews to an ambulance.  When will people learn that wild creatures are wild? They are protective of their young, just like most  human mothers....
  Besides the black bear in the Githens Acres neighborhood, this morning a young coyote has started prowling about the area.  The wildlife sightings don't bother me, as we are near several GreenWays trails and a huge area of Open Space, both protected from development.  But I can't figure out the folks who want to "live with nature" and then get so upset and excited when a wild creature wanders through their yard.  - They don't mind the mule deer, raccoons, squirrels, and multiple birds - but the predators seem to scare them.  As I said in the above paragraph, wildlife is wild...

No comments: