Saturday, October 12, 2013

Back in Boulder

If it hadn't been for my cats, I could have stayed in Oklahoma forever.  I met two kinds of people there - people who dearly love the state and their heritage, and those who just want to move out.  I can't really understand those who want to leave...  Oklahoma City has multiple areas, or distinct districts; they have a great road system; they have a large number of museums, with all kinds of information available; the bus system seems adequate (but I've been spoiled by Boulder's RTD system); they offer a wide variety of sports, and the University of Oklahoma is near-by, with their tertiary care hospital in downtown OKC; and they have a wide variety of plays, musicals, and entertainment venues scattered throughout the city; the downtown public library is fantastic; there are lakes, a river, a canal, and multiple beautiful parks.  I just missed an international horse show (rats!), but got to meet some of the folks involved with it.  I thoroughly enjoyed my entire stay and all of the places I was able to visit.
  My kits were very excited to see me, and Lovey wouldn't get off my chest for an hour after I entered the door.  Nedi, on the other hand, ran outside for the first 20 minutes I was home, and then wanted to be loved.  Lovey slept with her head on my shoulder all night long, while Nedi curled up next to my ribs for the whole night.  I couldn't, though, figure out why it was so dark when my alarm went off this morning... Then I realized that I hadn't set it to local Mountain time, as I had my watch.  Once I was up and stirring, I just stayed up.  I have the Sooners versus the Longhorns on TV at the moment, and this installment of the Red River Rivalry is being played in Norman.
  I have some more cleaning up to do in the apartment, but I'll do it tomorrow - since I'm counting today as my sixth vacation day.  I returned to find multiple requests for pet- and house-sitting, and was happy to find that I could accept all the jobs that I was requested for.  After having temperatures in the low 80s this past week in Oklahoma, it was a small shock to wake up and find it was 40 degrees outside this morning.  At the moment I have my window and patio door slightly open, but I think I'm going to get Nedi back inside and close the door.  (My toes are getting chilly.)
  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: