Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Snow

Grey skies this morning when I opened the patio door to let the kits out - but the patio was dry.  I showered and got dressed, and stepped out to get my bagel, and discovered it was snowing...  We've had very light flurries off and on this morning, but nothing has accumulated.  It's pretty chilly out, and the wind is blowing steadily, too.  But Rosie and I had a good walk this morning, even though it was brisk out.  It only got down to 34 degrees this morning, but I was still surprised to see there were ripening raspberries on the bushes; since it's supposed to be 24 in the morning, I don't think they'll survive, though.
  The squirrels are looking plump and nicely furred; and the deer are looking good with all the grass after the rains and flood.  Most folks who live in the area where I house-sit were hoping that the flood in September would have caused the coyotes to move on to a better home; turns out they were wrong.  We have a large, glossy coated, bushy-tailed male that is being seen frequently in the neighborhood, and neighbors have said that the coyote is as large, or bigger, than a standard German Shepherd.  That's not happy news for the cat and small dog owners in the enclave.  Since the homes are located in the county, trapping and killing the coyote is legal, but most people shy away from that - I would, too.
  I'll start writing about my trip to Oklahoma City tomorrow -  I was able to see a lot, but not as much as I wanted; and I didn't even get to visit 3/4 of the places I'd like to go...  So I'd really like to return and be able to take my time in viewing the many wonders and museums there.

No comments: