Friday, December 27, 2013

Busy, Busy - & BC3 Thoroughbreds

Running around between pets and houses today;  woke up with Charlie and Tinkerbelle fed them breakfast and walked Charlie, then spent an hour with Tugger and Sasquatch, then stopped by to feed and water Lilly and Lyra.  At that time, I was due to grab Rosie, and we walked for an hour.  Then I headed over to Kathy and Jim's and we did some clearance shifting of books and clothes that are to be given away to various charities; then I went home for two hours to see my kits.  I didn't even think about opening the back door, as the neighbor's visitor (or, possibly, new girlfriend?) was out back, throwing knives again.  I laid down on my bed and took a nap with both of my kits.  Heading back to Charlie's, I stopped by WalMart and got  some bacon-cheddar potato skins and  several tomatoes and peppers to make a crisp, hot salsa for the Snow family get together tomorrow.  Brought Boo down to play with Charlie on the way back; I'll return Boo when I go to Lilly and Lyra, and then loop around to Tugger and Sasquatch again.  Then back here for supper.
   Poor Erin.  She has such a terrible cold!  We (Kathy, Jim and I) went over at their invitation yesterday evening, and then visited The Hungry Toad Pub for our meal.  Erin had French Onion soup and a nice salad, but the rest of us got different kinds of burgers, mine with fries, and others with huge onion rings.  I was sitting with a view of the monitor, and they had the Pizza Hut(?) Bowl on - Pitt against BCSU.  When I looked up, there were 31 seconds left in the game, it was 4th down and 40 yards.  The pub had been quite loud, and I suddenly realized people were looking at me because, they had gotten silent for the last play, and I had unwittingly added my own commentary -  "Bad snap. A lateral, another lateral, and yet another...  oh, you idiot, you just threw back into your own end zone! You poor child."  I certainly hadn't meant to be the center of attention, and was mollified by all the eyes turned upon me....
  And, down in Australia, the thoroughbred racing interests are still reeling with the sudden collapse of BC3 Thoroughbreds.  Magic Millions, a blood stock agency, has repossessed nine youngsters (seven 2-year-olds and two yearlings) that will be resold at auction with no reserve.  Inglis and Son, another blood stock agency, have eight repossessed horses that are now up for private sale.  Inglis also holds the marker on the $5 million half-brother of Black Caviar, who is still battling laminitis, and will never race.  Noble Edict, a subsidiary of BC3 Thoroughbreds, purchased a training park, with a borrowed $1.6 million, and then added $3.2 million in "improvements" to the stabling and training tracks.  Noble Edict has failed to make several payments on the property, which they agreed to buy in September 2011.  Owners, trainers, jockeys, blood stock agencies, veterinarians, a betting club, insurance agencies, and BC3's accountants have been left holding an empty bag....

No comments: