Monday, December 9, 2013

Great Christmas Book

I contacted Rosie's owners this morning, and asked if they wanted me to walk her today - around 11 a.m., instead of the usual 9 a.m.  They replied that since it was still 0 degrees at 8:30, we'd put off her walk until tomorrow.  That's OK with me.  The sun is shining nicely, and critters are coming to the patio to eat and to amuse Lovey and Nedi.  I'm still dealing with a headache that I got by tripping myself on my bedroom slippers during the 4th quarter of the Broncos - Titans game; I fell over and caught my head on the corner of a short bookcase.  Didn't realize it was bleeding like stink until the back of my ear tickled, and I found blood running down my neck.  So I washed my head and put pressure on the open hole until it quit bleeding.  No evidence of concussion, but I missed some of the game. (Rats!)  At least I came out better than poor Wes Welker last night!
   And I hope that Peyton Manning did enough to prove that the stupid story that he "can't play in the cold" is truly bogus.  Almost every one of Peyton's throws was directly on target yesterday.  Yes, there were a lot of dropped balls by the receivers - but number 18 delivered the ball perfectly on target for the most part.  And, with a winning score of 51 to 28 over the Titans, I think the entire team proved they play well in cold weather.
  Not much else going on - I need to return some library books, and I'll walk Lucy at noon every day this week.  I finally replaced the red heat lamp bulb in my bathroom, which I like a great deal.  The kits think the red light is totally weird...  I'm done with my Christmas shopping.  I have to purchase wrapping paper and send a few things out, but, otherwise, I'm done. (Except for stocking stuffers...)
  And, if you are from the Eastern Shore of Virginia, and want to help preserve family memories of the area, I highly recommend a new Christmas book.  Only 1000 copies were printed, and it's available from the Barrier Island Center in Machipongo, Virginia.  For a quick review, and information on how to purchase a copy of this fantastic book, please see:  http://www.delmarvanow.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013312050010    I ordered my copies last week, and have been giggling like a loon ever since they arrived!  A wonderful book for both children and adults!

No comments: