Thursday, February 13, 2014

MishMash

Not that it will be a huge loss to anyone, or to posterity, but I probably won't add to this blog on Friday or Saturday.  I'll be house-sitting where I don't have internet access, and my two hours at home with the kits on Friday will be spent with the kits - unless they let me know I'm not loved or wanted.
  It was in the 40s when I arose this morning, and it's now 55 degrees a little past noon.  The wind is blowing from the north-northeast at 20 mph, with gusts up to 55 mph.  But I had Rosie out and exercised before the wind picked up this morning.  The sky is a bright blue, with high clouds scudding at a fast pace.  The warmth and wind are helping with the snow melt-off, but lightly traveled residential roads are now slick ice packs.  At one point in time this morning, both Rosie and I slid about 30 feet - luckily in the same direction.  Lovey and Nedi went out for about an hour this morning, and came back in shaking snow-melt off.  Nedi is currently running in and out, while Lovey wants to snuggle. It's supposed to be in the 60s Saturday and Sunday - that'll be heaven!
  Later this afternoon, I'll move in with Cooper, Lola, Pounce, Tipsi, Belle and Shirley - two dogs, three cats, and Shirley is 95 years young, and has her own apartment (along with Belle) in the basement.  The dogs will keep me busy running and walking, and I'll check frequently on Shirley Friday and Saturday, leaving about an hour before the owners are home from their Valentines' get-away.  Then I think I'll take myself out to Turley's for dinner on my way home to my kits.
  The Sochi Winter Olympics have had high and low points for me - I wanted to see Shaun White and Shauni Davis both get a medal - but I've been greatly impressed by all who have stood on the podiums, especially the pair of ladies who tied for the gold medal.  I felt very badly for the bobsled tack worker who was struck by a forerunner bobsled earlier today.  He was life-flighted to the hospital with two broken legs, a concussion, and other unspecified injuries.  Hopefully, there won't be any more nasty accidents.

No comments: