Friday, March 14, 2014

A Weekend With Boo

I'm leaving here shortly to spend the weekend with Boo, so I'm not certain whether I'll blog the next two days or not.  I'll run home both mornings early, and spend time with the kits, but I;m not sure I'll have time to blog...  It's absolutely gorgeous outside outside.  I have walked Cooper and Lola, and then Rosie and Boo, before coming home today.  I also stopped at the library and picked up two books that I had held for me. Since I left  yesterday afternoon to spend the night with the ABCs, the cats welcomed me frantically when I returned.  Both Nedi and Lovey ate some canned food, and went outside - but Nedi has up-chucked several times since then.  I can't find anything visibly wrong with him, and he's curled up under the red afghan at the moment.  I'll be worried about him until tomorrow.
  Did you read, or hear about, Walter "Snowball" Williams?  He was pronounced dead from congestive heart failure at a hospice in Mississippi on 27 February.  The body of the 78 year old farmer was taken to the local mortuary.  The workers there were quite surprised to hear scratchings and see movement in the body bag prior to the embalming.  They opened the bag, and found Mr. Williams, who was upset at being there.  An ambulance was immediately called, and the man was returned to his hospice.  He died there, a second time, on the morning of 13 March.  Family members are certain that "Snowball" was given another two weeks of life for some higher purpose.  It has been confirmed that the gentleman actually is deceased this time around.
  And, I laughed at this newspaper headline - "Odd Combinations of Jelly Bellys Taste Great!"  Since when is the taste of odd combinations of Jelly Bellys a newspaper headline?  In any event, the top ten combinations listed were:  (1) Tabasco and Buttered Popcorn; (2) Pomegranate and Sizzling Cinnamon; (3) Dr. Pepper and Sour Cherry; (4) French Vanilla and Kiwi; (5) Strawberry Cheesecake and Cappuccino; (6) Chocolate Pudding and Chili Mango; (7) Toasted Marshmallow and Wild Blackberry; (8) A & W Rootbeer and Raspberry; (9) Birthday Cake Remix and Cotton Candy; and (10) Caramel Corn and Strawberry Jam.... The company is looking for feedback - how do you like these combinations?  Do you have a specific "odd" combination that you like?

No comments: